The “Maison des Femmes”
Opened in October 2019, the Maison des Femmes is a new centre for women spread over 260m2 on rue Décrême in Roubaix, a place for housing, helping, informing and signposting women in difficulty.
Started over a year ago, this unique centre came about through a co-design project between the Maalai agency and the employees, partners and future users of the Maison des Femmes to design how it would be run and used.
They therefore focused on the ambience, the atmosphere and how this unique type of establishment should be fitted out :
- Bringing on board partners in co-building the Maison des Femmes,
- Working with the various partners to define how the Maison des Femmes will operate,
- Laying the foundations for collaborating around a joint project,
- Creating and promoting synergy,
- Involving the future users (women) in co-building the Maison des Femmes,
- Listening to their reactions and their general perceptions concerning the future Maison des Femmes,
- Factoring in their needs and wants in light of their personal experiences and situation.
“The design process is an integral component of the project around which all the Maison des Femmes’ stakeholders have come together. This is a place with a real sense of purpose. Co-design is a process that promotes dialogue, social community values, and cross-disciplinary support.”